The Swedish Horse (NEW!)
The Swedish Horse is also known as the Dala Horse. The image of the rounded horse without a tail started to become a symbol of Sweden when it was used in 1939 as a statement piece outside the Swedish Pavilion during the World Exhibition in New York. The wooden horses originated from Dalarna, Sweden, where locals carved the horses as a symbol of strength and courage and were also used as payment for board and lodgings and became an important source of income for poor families. The horses would also be painted in bright colors and sold at markets in the village. Since the World Exhibition, the Dala horse became a symbol for Sweden.
Additional product info:
- Dimensions (assembled): 5.5 inches x 3.5 inches x 3.75 inches
- Material: Iron + Aluminum
- Color: Silver
- Each package includes 1 base, 1 stand, 1 rotary blade, and 5 ornaments with hooks.
- Package does not include tealight.
- Total weight with packaging: 3.5 ounce
Recommended Tea Light Pairing: Greek Isle, Seaside Breeze, Coconut, and Pineapple
Free Shipping on all orders. Always.